As a rule of thumb most air compressors with an air tank capacity of 30 gallons and up and usually handle painting a car if you match the paint gun CFM to the CFM rating of the compressor for a complete buying guide visit AirCompressorsUSA.
How many CFM does it take to paint a car?
Many compressors require in excess 12 CFM. According to numerous researches lately, it is advisable to go for a 60 –gallon tank with a 6 HP compressor which could put out sufficient CFM that supplies your spray gun. Based on our experience, you should look for CFM in the array of 14 – 18 at 90 PSI.
What type of compressor do I need to paint cars?
You can easily get your hands on a high volume, low-pressure (HVLP) spray painter, which doesn’t need that much PSI to run. Experts recommend spraying a base coat using ten to 15 PSI. On the other hand, they would advise you to increase the pressure by a couple of PSIs to around 20 to 25 for the clear coat.
What is the best compressor for spray painting?
5 Best Air Compressors for Spray Painting – Reviews:
- California Air Tools 10020C Air Compressor – Our Top Pick. Check Latest Price on Amazon.
- Rolair JC10 Plus Compressor – The Runner-up.
- PORTER-CABLE C2002 Air Compressor – Best for the Money.
- California Air Tools 5510SE Air-Compressor.
- Campbell Hausfeld TQ3104 Air Compressor.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”