Know Your Fitment to Choose Custom Wheels
- Find your wheel diameter. This is the distance between the two bead seats, the flat spots where the edges of the tire get hugged securely onto the wheel.
- Find the width of your existing tires.
- Find your tire’s aspect ratio.
Can you design your own rims?
It is entirely possible to make your own rims, with a design that is unique to you and will never be seen anywhere else on Earth.
What are rims on a car?
Car rims are the most outer edge of a wheel. They’re where your tires are actually attached. The inner part of your car tire is attached to the rim. You’ll often hear people use “rims,” and “wheels,” interchangeably, where decorative wheels are called rims.
How do you match wheels and tires?
How to Match Tires to the Rim Size
- Set the rim upright as if it were mounted on a vehicle.
- Measure the width of the rim from the inside of one bead to the inside of the other bead.
- Multiply the width in inches by 25.4 (the number of millimeters per inch).
- Measure the overall height of the rim and round down for the diameter.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”