Autozone and Advance Auto Parts stores accept used motor oil, transmission fluid, gear oil and automotive batteries.
Autozone also collects and recycles 13,000 tons of scrap metal per year (brake rotors, pads, water pumps, radiators, etc.).
What parts of a car can be recycled for money?
5 Car Parts to Recycle for Cash
- Scrap Metal. If you have a junk car lying around, chances are you’re sitting on potential cash.
- Catalytic Converters. Platinum can be retrieved from old catalytic converters.
- Batteries. Car batteries can also be recycled.
- Wheels & Tires.
- Used Oil & Filters.
How do I get rid of my old car?
Here are some of the most popular methods of scrap car disposal.
- Car Donation. This may be the most widely used option of the group.
- Auto Recycling. Recycling your car is a great green method to disposing of it.
- Trade In. If your car still runs and has some value, you can always use it as a trade in for your next vehicle.
Can cars be recycled?
The answer is actually cars. Over 12 million cars are recycled in the U.S. every year, and another 8 million vehicles are recycled annually in Europe. Fortunately, approximately 86% of a car’s material can be recycled and reused. One of these recyclable materials is steel.