Below are our recommendations for the 4 best car hauler winches on the market:
- Superwinch 1475301 S7500 SR 24V 7500 lb Winch.
- WARN 96800 8,000 lb Winch.
- Superwinch 1140232 Winch 2 Go 12V 4000SR Portable Winch System.
- Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch – 9500 lb.
- The Best Car Hauler Winches: Synthetic Rope vs.
How big of a trailer winch do I need?
Heavier and longer boats require more powerful winches with longer cables. The general rule is to select a winch with a capacity rating of at least 3/4th the combined weight of your boat, motor, fuel and gear. This rule varies depending on a number of factors about your boat and where you launch it.
How do you size a winch?
If you’ve got a larger ATV (300cc or greater in size), then you’ll want to setup up to a 2,500 lb. winch, such as the RT or XT25. For the biggest ATVs, a 3,000 lb.
How much can a winch pull?
With many winches rated for different pulling weights, it can be hard to know exactly what you need. A generally accepted formula is to choose a winch that is rated for at least 1.5 times the weight you will need to pull.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”