How to Find My Car’s Make and Model
- Check the VIN. The vehicle identification number is found in your car on the driver’s side either on the door or somewhere between the dashboard and windshield.
- Acquire the vehicle history report. Locate your local motor vehicles agency and visit.
- Read the vehicle history report.
How do I identify my engine?
It’s all in the engine code (sometimes referred to as engine number) or vehicle identification number (VIN). You can find the VIN in the lower corner of your windshield on the driver’s side. In the series of numbers and letters, the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine code.
What are the car types?
Here’s a rundown of different types of cars.
- Hatchback. Maruti Suzuki Swift. A hatchback is a car type with a rear door that opens upwards.
- Sedan. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- MPV. Datsun GO+
- SUV. Land Rover Discovery Sport.
- Crossover. Volvo S60 Cross Country.
- Coupe. Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe.
- Convertible. Audi A3 Cabriolet.
What kind of car is a SUV?
Sport utility vehicle (SUV) is a category of motor vehicles that combine elements of road-going passenger cars with features from off-road vehicles, such as raised ground clearance and four-wheel drive.
How do I know the trim of my car?
If you aren’t sure of trim level, here’s how to find out:
- If you happen to have the original sales invoice or window sticker from when you bought the vehicle, you can find the trim information there.
- Try the owner’s manual. Sometimes it includes the trim level.
- Look on the vehicle itself.
Can I lookup a car by VIN number?
On most passenger cars, you may find the VIN number on the front of the dashboard on the driver’s side. The best way to see it is to look through the windshield from outside the car. You may also find the VIN number on the driver’s side door pillar.
How do I know what engine I have?
It’s all in the vehicle identification number (VIN). Find it in the lower corner of your windshield on the driver’s side. In the series of numbers and letters, the tenth from the left denotes the model year and the eighth is the engine codes. Just tell the store clerk those two characters and you’re in business.
How can I tell what size engine I have?
If you want to know the size of your vehicle’s engine, there are several methods available to get the information.
- Open the hood of your vehicle and prop it up.
- Check your vehicle’s manual.
- Open your web browser and go to nadaguides.com.
- Look for the VIN number of your vehicle.
How do you find out what year your car is?
To find the character that denotes the year model of a vehicle, start at the end of the VIN. That’s all the way to the right. Now count left 8 characters. That 8th character can be either a number or a letter, but it will tell you what year the vehicle is.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”