7 Signs Your Car Needs Immediate Service
- Flashing check engine light. This is a major sign that something is wrong within any of the hundreds of systems that your car’s computer monitors.
- Excessive smoke from the exhaust.
- Noises while driving.
- Engine chugging, racing or shaking.
How much does it cost to find out what’s wrong with your car?
RepairPal reports that a car diagnostic test costs between $88 and $111 before taxes, and Popular Mechanic says it can cost from $20 to $400. As with any financial decision, it’s smart to check at least three places before you commit.
What could be wrong with engine?
Your car smells like gas
It could be a faulty gas cap or a more serious problem with the fuel system. Fuel injector, line or filter leak. A faulty component of your car’s evaporative emissions (EVAP) system, often accompanied by a check engine light.
How do you know when your engine is going bad?
Eight Engine Performance Warning Signs:
- Check Engine Light Activates. An activated check engine light is a powerful tool that is designed to inform you of potential engine trouble.
- Loss of Power.
- Gas Mileage Drop-off.
- Noises Galore.
- Engine Stalling.
- Engine Continues to Run after Ignition is Turned Off.
- Rough Running Engine.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”