Manufactured exclusively in Mattel’s Hong Kong facility in 1971, the purple Olds 442 is considered by many collectors to be not only the rarest Olds Hot Wheels car but the rarest of all production redline Hot Wheels.
Made between 1969 and 1971, the Custom Charger was an extremely popular model.
- 1 Are Hot Wheels cars worth money?
- 2 What are the most expensive Hot Wheels cars?
- 3 What is the rarest Matchbox Car?
- 4 What is the oldest hot wheel car?
- 5 What old items are worth money?
- 6 Are old Hot Wheels worth money?
- 7 How many Hot Wheels models are there?
- 8 What are diecast cars worth?
- 9 How much is a 1969 Hot Wheels car worth?
- 10 What is Hot Wheels slogan?
- 11 What are Hot Wheels treasure hunts?
Are Hot Wheels cars worth money?
Mattel began making Hot Wheels cars in 1968, and although plenty of them aren’t worth much these days, there are some (especially special editions and cars based off of movies and television shows) that are worth anywhere from $100 to more than $100,000.
What are the most expensive Hot Wheels cars?
10 Most Expensive Hot Wheels
- 40th Anniversary Diamond Encrusted Otto. What is the most expensive Hot Wheels car?
- 1969 Pink Rear-Loading Volkswagen Beach Bomb.
- 1968 “Cheetah” Base Python.
- 1974 Blue Rodger Dodger.
- 1970 “Mad Maverick” Base Mighty Maverick.
- 1970 Ed Shaver Custom AMX.
- 1995 Collector Number 271 Funny Car.
- 1970 Red Baron with White Interior.
What is the rarest Matchbox Car?
Here’s a shortlist of the most rare (and most expensive) Matchbox vehicles ever.
- 1953 Aveling Barford Road Roller.
- 1967 Mercedes Benz 230SL.
- 1966 Opel Diplomat.
- 1961 Magirus Deutz Crane.
- 1965 BP Dodge Wrecker.
What is the oldest hot wheel car?
Hot Wheels: Redlines-1968, The Original Sixteen. Also know as the Sweet Sixteen, these are the first Hot Wheels ever made. They arrived in stores in 1968 and rocked the toy car world. These little cars almost put Matchbox out of business and made Mattel a world player.
What old items are worth money?
These Old Household Things Are Worth a Lot of Money Now. Do You Have Any in Your Home?
- Quarters. Some quarters, in particular, are worth quite a lot of money.
- Perfume bottles.
- Classic video games.
- Boy Scout memorabilia.
- Land deeds.
- Polly Pocket products.
- Old cellphones.
Are old Hot Wheels worth money?
These Vintage Hot Wheels Toys Are Worth Thousands of Dollars. For the first few years, they originally sold for less than a buck. Such is the case with Hot Wheels cars, produced by toymaker Mattel starting in 1968 and designed at 1/64 scale of their street-worthy counterparts.
How many Hot Wheels models are there?
Today, there are more Hot Wheels models than real cars in the world. Over 4,000,000,000 (yep, four billion) have been produced since the first was cast in 1968.
What are diecast cars worth?
Sometimes a Little Die-cast Car is Worth A Lot of Money
- Lesney Matchbox 1967 Magirus Deutz Crane no.
- Hot Wheels Beatnik Bandit.
- Classic Model Cars USA 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.
- Dinky Pre-War No.22D Delivery Van “W.E.
- Tomica Nissan Fairlady Z432 Platinum.
- Hot Wheels 1969 Pink Rear-Loading Volkswagen Beach Bomb.
How much is a 1969 Hot Wheels car worth?
Released in 1995, the Collector Number 271 is likely the rarest model Hot Wheels car from the 90s. The Collector Number 271 is worth around $3,500.
What is Hot Wheels slogan?
1970 was a very successful year for Hot Wheels, so Mattel came up with a new advertising slogan for the cars: “Go With the Winner”.
What are Hot Wheels treasure hunts?
Treasure Hunts. Hot Wheels are die-cast cars that Mattel began producing in 1968. These toy cars have a huge fan base and are collected by both children and adults. In 1995, Mattel released a new series of Hot Wheels called Treasure Hunts. They were randomly packed into cases with only 10,000 of each vehicle produced.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”