Top 10 Stolen Vehicles: Older Models Most Vulnerable
|Rank||Make/Model||Total model thefts|
|3||Ford Pickup (Full Size)||35,105|
|4||Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)||30,058|
6 more rows
- 1 What are the most stolen vehicles?
- 2 What cars are least stolen?
- 3 What color car is stolen the most?
- 4 What’s the easiest car to steal?
- 5 What is the #1 stolen car in America?
- 6 What are the least stolen cars?
- 7 What is considered a stolen car?
- 8 What is the most stolen SUV?
- 9 What is the hardest car to steal?
- 10 Are Subarus easy to steal?
- 11 Are push start cars easy to steal?
What are the most stolen vehicles?
The following are the top 10 2015 model year vehicles stolen during calendar year 2015:
- Nissan Altima (1,104)
- Chrysler 200 (1,069)
- Toyota Camry (923)
- Toyota Corolla (776)
- GMC Sierra (670)
- Dodge Charger (666)
- Hyundai Sonata (632)
- Chevrolet Malibu (629)
What cars are least stolen?
Here’s HLDI’s list of the 10 least-stolen vehicles in the U.S. from the 2016-2018 model years:
- BMW 3-Series. BMW 3 Series.
- Tesla Model S. Tesla Model S.
- Tesla Model X. Tesla Model X.
- Chevrolet Equinox. Chevrolet Equinox.
- Buick Encore. Buick Encore.
- Subaru Legacy. Subaru Legacy.
- GMC Acadia. GMC Acadia.
- Subaru Forester. Subaru Forester.
What color car is stolen the most?
According to a survey by CCC Information Services, the top five colors of stolen vehicles are:
- Dark green.
What’s the easiest car to steal?
Keyless theft shock: most popular cars are the easiest to steal
- Four of the top five best-selling new cars on sale today are among the most susceptible to keyless car theft.
- The big four are the Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, Volkswagen Golf and Nissan Qashqai.
- The Which? research covered 237 car models equipped with keyless technology.
What is the #1 stolen car in America?
In 2017, the Honda Civic was the most targeted car in the U.S. with just over 45,000 reported stolen. The Honda Accord came a close second with over 43,700 thefts. The top-5 was rounded off by Ford Pickups (35,105), Chevrolet Pickups (30,058) and the Toyota Camry (17,278).
What are the least stolen cars?
Top 10 Least Stolen Used Cars
- Volkswagen CC (2009-10), midsize car.
- Chevrolet Equinox four-wheel-drive (2010) midsize SUV.
- Lexus RX 350 (2010) midsize luxury SUV.
- Saturn Vue midsize SUV.
- Chevrolet Aveo (2009-10) mini station wagon.
- BMW 5 Series all-wheel-drive large luxury car.
- Mini Cooper Clubman two-door car.
What is considered a stolen car?
Stolen car laws generally cover violations involving auto theft and other types of serious auto crimes. In most cases, the term “stolen car” refers to instances where a person leaves their parked car and returns to find that it’s stolen and gone.
What is the most stolen SUV?
- Ford Explorer.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Kia Sorento. Pictured: 2011 Kia Sorento.
- Chevrolet Traverse. Pictured: 2013 Chevrolet Traverse.
- Nissan Rogue. Pictured: 2012 Nissan Rogue.
- Honda CR-V. Pictured: Honda CR-V 2012.
- Toyota RAV4. Pictured: Toyota RAV4 2013.
- Chevrolet Equinox. Pictured: 2012 Equinox SUV.
What is the hardest car to steal?
In fact, some of the latest modern cars are almost impossible to steal.
Here’s a list of 20 cars that no sane car thief would want to target.
- 1 Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster.
- 2 Google Self-driving Car.
- 3 Lexus HS 250H.
- 4 1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe.
- 5 Toyota Prius.
Are Subarus easy to steal?
Subarus are popular cars to steal in Oregon. “Basically anybody could just break the window of the car, get in the vehicle, once they defeat the ignition, with a hammer or whatever they choose, they can drive away pretty easily,” he said. Hamann says newer Subaru keys have an encryption chip.
Are push start cars easy to steal?
Doesn’t a push button starter just make cars easier to steal? The truth is push button starters are actually easier to steal compared to key start with immobilisers.
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”