Temperature warning light: If the symbol is red, it indicates your engine has overheated.
A blue light means the coolant temperature is too low.
Red and blue blinking means there is an electrical wiring malfunction.
Oil warning light can indicate low pressure.
- 1 What does this light mean on my car?
- 2 What are the signs on a car dashboard?
- 3 What do dashboard warning lights mean?
- 4 What does the triangle warning light mean?
- 5 What does a blinking red car light mean?
- 6 How serious is check engine light?
- 7 Why is my engine warning light on?
- 8 Is it safe to drive with check engine light on?
- 9 Why is it called a dashboard?
- 10 What does the orange light on my dashboard mean?
- 11 How do I fix my airbag light?
What does this light mean on my car?
Indicator light means that the car’s charging system is short of power or is not charging properly. It normally indicates a problem with the battery itself or the alternator. Click. Oil Pressure Warning Light.
What are the signs on a car dashboard?
Some symbols on your car’s dashboard are more obvious than others.
15 Common Warning Lights on Your Car’s Dashboard
- Oil Pressure Light.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light.
- Engine Temperature Warning.
- Traction Control Light.
- Anti-lock Brake Warning Light.
- Traction Control Malfunction.
- Engine Warning (Check Engine Light)
- Battery Alert.
What do dashboard warning lights mean?
A red warning light suggests that you should act quickly because the problem is serious, such as an overheating engine, low engine oil pressure or a braking system problem. We can repair electrical systems, engines, brakes, suspension, exhausts, cooling systems, electrical systems, re-gas air conditioning, and more.
What does the triangle warning light mean?
This symbol can appear extremely threatening, but often indicates something minor. It’s represented by an exclamation mark inside a triangle, and can be either yellow or red. The red version will often also feature text to warn you what is wrong, and could be something serious like low oil pressure.
The blinking light indicates that a car has an electronic security system. Incidentally, the reason this is added is to enhance the deterrent to theft effect of the security system — that is to say, the light is designed to further discourage attempted theft.
How serious is check engine light?
When your car’s check engine light illuminates your dashboard, it’s usually accompanied by a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. The light could be a minor issue, like a faulty gas cap, or it could mean something more serious, like a misfiring engine.
Why is my engine warning light on?
If the check engine light comes on:
Look for a serious problem that requires immediate attention. Check your dashboard gauges and lights for indications of low oil pressure or overheating. These conditions mean you should pull over and shut off the engine as soon as you can find a safe place to do so.
Is it safe to drive with check engine light on?
If the check engine light comes on while you’re driving, it can be unnerving. The check engine light means there’s a problem somewhere in your emissions system. Regardless, you’re safe to drive for now as long as the car isn’t performing strangely. Just have the check engine light checked and the problem repaired.
Why is it called a dashboard?
The word “dashboard” was originally used to describe the wooden board carriage makers attached to the front of carriages to prevent mud and rocks from being splashed (or “dashed”) onto drivers and their passengers by the horses that pulled them about. In essence, dashboards served as mud flaps for horses’ hooves.
What does the orange light on my dashboard mean?
Yellow (sometimes orange) dashboard lights usually mean something needs to be repaired or serviced soon and to operate with caution. Green (sometimes blue) dashboard lights usually indicate a system is on or is operating, and the light is giving you a visual cue.
How do I fix my airbag light?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times. Start the engine.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”