It doesn’t necessarily mean that the car isn’t safe to drive but it’s like playing with fire if you do.
When this light is on it means your safety system isn’t working at 100% and in some cases, it could mean that your airbags are disabled and will not deploy in an accident.
So is it safe to drive with an SRS light on?
- 1 How do I get the SRS light off?
- 2 How much does it cost to fix SRS light?
- 3 What is SRS system in car?
- 4 What would cause the SRS light to come on?
- 5 How do I reset airbag warning light?
- 6 How much does it cost to reset the airbag?
- 7 How do I fix my SRS airbag module?
- 8 How do I enable SRS?
- 9 Is it illegal to drive with airbag light on?
- 10 Can you sell a car with airbag light on?
- 11 Will airbags deploy if SRS light is on?
How do I get the SRS light off?
How to Reset SRS #Airbag Light Turn off the SRS. –
How much does it cost to fix SRS light?
A clock spring or crash sensor may run around $75 to $125, a seat belt with pretensioner may cost you around $200 to $300, and the computer itself could run upwards of $800 to $1000. Keep in mind, pricing will vary by location and your vehicle make and model.
What is SRS system in car?
Restraint Device : Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag. The SRS Airbag System is designed to supplement the seatbelt system and improve occupant protection in certain type of crushes. Airbags supplement the seat belt and enhance passenger safety in certain types of collision.
What would cause the SRS light to come on?
If the SRS light stays on or starts flashing on and off, you may have a problem with the airbags themselves, a loose wire, a faulty seat belt buckle, or a problem with the Engine Control Unit (ECU) that is causing the airbag warning light to stay on.
How do I reset airbag warning light?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times. Start the engine.
How much does it cost to reset the airbag?
Number 1 — Reset Airbag Light
This process can take several hours of time and usually costs a few hundred dollars, although depending upon the type of car it may be up to about $600.
How do I fix my SRS airbag module?
To remove your airbag module, follow these steps:
- Locate SRS airbag computer module.
- After you’ve found the SRS computer module, disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Wait three minutes, and then unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
- Send the airbag computer module to us for airbag module reset.
How do I enable SRS?
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but don’t start the engine. The SRS indicator light should turn on for 6 seconds and then turn off. If the SRS indicator light doesn’t come on, or stays on longer than six seconds, the system fault must be diagnosed, repaired and the SRS DTC fault memory cleared.
Is it illegal to drive with airbag light on?
It is not safe to drive with the airbag light ON. When the light is on, it means that there is a problem with the airbag system. When there is a problem with the system, it will not deploy the airbags at all in an accident. If you have an error in your airbag control unit, your airbag will not work in a collision.
Can you sell a car with airbag light on?
Unfortunately, it is legal for the used car dealer to sell a used vehicle in “as is” condition with the airbag light on, as long as the dealer has determined that this issue will not cause any reasonable safety concerns related to this vehicle.
Will airbags deploy if SRS light is on?
On your dash, you will see a light that either says Air Bag or SRS. Your airbag or SRS light might also come on if your vehicle was in an accident that activated the crash sensors in your car, but not to the point where the airbag deployed. In this case, you need to have your airbag reset.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”