To register the vehicle you must provide the following:
- Application for registration and certification title.
- Current registration certificate and certificate of title if registering a used vehicle.
- Bill of sale.
- Current Connecticut insurance card.
- Identification, such as driver’s license, learner’s permit, or ID card.
- 1 What documents are needed to register a car?
- 2 Do you need a license to register a car in CT?
- 3 How much does it cost to register a car in CT for the first time?
- 4 How much will it cost to register my car in Connecticut?
- 5 How do I register an out of state vehicle in CT?
- 6 How much will my vehicle registration cost?
- 7 Can you register someone’s car for them?
- 8 What do I need to bring to the DMV for registration?
What documents are needed to register a car?
In order to register your vehicle, you will typically need to bring the vehicle’s title, a bill of sale and proof of tax payment, your driver’s license, and either your insurance ID card or another form that provides proof of insurance.
Do you need a license to register a car in CT?
If you purchase a car in Connecticut, you are required to register the car with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You must have a CT driver’s license or a CT state ID card in order to register your car.
How much does it cost to register a car in CT for the first time?
Registration Fees in CT
Passenger vehicle: $80 for 2 years.
How much will it cost to register my car in Connecticut?
How much will it cost to renew my vehicle registration? The renewal fee for a passenger registration is $80 for two years plus $10 for the Clean Air Act fee. An individual 65 years old or older can request a one-year renewal for $45. For fees other than passenger registrations, please see Registration Fees.
How do I register an out of state vehicle in CT?
Requirements to Transfer Your Out of State Registered Vehicle
- Identification. If you are transferring your out-of-state driver’s license to Connecticut, you can do that when registering your vehicle.
- Proof of insurance. Your insurance card must include this information.
- Completed registration form (H-13B).
- Vehicle inspection report.
- Payment for fees.
- Proof of ownership.
How much will my vehicle registration cost?
Vehicle Registration Fees and Other Costs by State
|State||Registration Fee||License Plate Fee|
|Arizona||$8 + $32 Public Safety Fee||$12 to transfer|
|California||$60 plus transportation improvement fee of $25-$175||$27|
46 more rows
Can you register someone’s car for them?
In some states, you can register a vehicle on someone else’s behalf so long as you have all the proper documentation and the vehicle owner’s signature on the right forms. If you need to register a vehicle for someone, your local DMV may have information regarding how to do so online.
What do I need to bring to the DMV for registration?
How to register a vehicle with the New York DMV:
- Visit your local DMV office.
- Complete a Vehicle Registration/Title Application (Form MV-82).
- Provide proof of identity, car insurance, and ownership.
- Pay the $50 title fee, $25 license plate fee, and tax.
- For more information, see below.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”