- Call the insurance company.
- Get a replacement key.
- Change the locks.
- Call your insurance company.
- Get a new key yourself.
- Get a smart tracker.
- Include lost keys in your insurance policy.
- Keep a copy of important keys at your family or friends.
Can you program car keys yourself?
Transponder chip keys have to be programmed before they will be able to start your vehicle. Once a key is cut, an automotive locksmith or car dealership can program it for you. You may be able to program keys from older model vehicles yourself.
Can you find car keys with a metal detector?
But, Can Metal Detectors Find Keys? YES, it is totally possible – indeed most keys are based on metal conductors that react to Metal Detector’s signals which allow you to find them. However, you need to have a preliminary idea on the location you are expecting to find them.
How do you start a car without keys?
How to Program the Key for a Mini Cooper
- Insert your key in the ignition of your Mini Cooper. Turn the key until the interior dashboard lights turn on.
- Remove the key from the ignition, but do not turn the key to the “off” position. Push the “Unlock” button on your car-key remote.
- Push the “Lock” button three times.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”