When choosing a particular car model, the customer automatically picks the make of that car.
A car’s make refers to the car’s manufacturer or companies who produced the car.
Famous car makes include: Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, Honda, Peugeot, Hyundai-Kia, Nissan, Renault, Ferrari, Chevrolet, and Daimler Chrysler.
Is car make the brand?
Just as a single company can produce products under several “brands,” an automobile company can produce many makes of cars; for example, Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln are all makes produced by Ford Motor Company; General Motors produces Pontiacs, Chevrolets, Saturns, GMCs, among many others.
What is a vehicle type?
Vehicles include wagons, bicycles, motor vehicles (motorcycles, cars, trucks, buses), railed vehicles (trains, trams), watercraft (ships, boats), amphibious vehicles (screw-propelled vehicle, hovercraft), aircraft (airplanes, helicopters) and spacecraft.
What was the make of your first car?
If that is the question you picked, then the answer is what ever you entered back then. You might have entered the word ‘Ford’ if indeed that was the brand of your first car, but you could also have entered ‘pizza’, or any other word, as the make of your first car.
How do I find the make of my car?
How to Find My Car’s Make and Model
- Check the VIN. The vehicle identification number is found in your car on the driver’s side either on the door or somewhere between the dashboard and windshield.
- Acquire the vehicle history report. Locate your local motor vehicles agency and visit.
- Read the vehicle history report.
How do I know the exact model of my car?
The only way to accurately determine the year model of a vehicle is to decode that vehicle’s original Vehicle Identification Number, known as VIN, for short. Starting in 1980, most production vehicles carried a VIN that was made up of 17 characters – a combination of letters and numbers.
2018 Automotive Family Tree: Which Automakers Own Which Brands?
- Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles (Seven Brands)
- Volkswagen AG (Six Brands)
- General Motors (Four Brands)
- BMW (Three Brands)
- Hyundai Motor Group (Three Brands)
- Nissan-Renault Alliance (Three Brands)
- Daimler AG (Two Brands)
- Ford Motor Company (Two Brands)
What is the most reliable car brand?
Hyundai Motor Group took the top three spots with its Genesis, Kia, and Hyundai brands for the second year in a row. Ford and Toyota each had two brands make the top-10. These are the 10 most-reliable automotive brands, based on their number of reported problems per 100 vehicles.
What is the best car brand?
- Lexus is once again tied as the top-ranked auto brand in the ACSI customer satisfaction survey.
- Toyota is the only car brand that ranks highly in terms of market share and overall owner satisfaction. (
- Cadillac has had its share of struggles, but there are signs of light for the GM brand. (
Photo in the article by “Flickr”