To register, visit your local Secretary of State office with:
- The signed-over title.
- Proof of identification (driver’s license, U.S. passport, photo ID card).
- Proof of Michigan no-fault auto insurance.
- Payment for all applicable fees and taxes (see “Vehicle Registration Fees” below).
- 1 What do I need to bring to register my car?
- 2 How much will it cost to register my vehicle in Michigan?
- 3 Can you register a car in Michigan without a license?
- 4 How do I register a car with no title?
- 5 Can you register your car online?
- 6 How much will my vehicle registration cost?
- 7 What happens if you drive a car without registration?
- 8 Do you need to bring your car to register it?
What do I need to bring to register my car?
Gather proof of your vehicle’s insurance, the vehicle identification number (VIN), proof of purchase (or the car’s title), your driver’s license and social security card, and proof of residence (such as a utility bill or a lease agreement), before you start the registration process.
How much will it cost to register my vehicle in Michigan?
Tax and Title
Within 15 days of buying a vehicle, you must title it in your name at a Secretary of State office. Failure to transfer the title within that time will result in a $15 late fee. At the time of titling, a $15 title transfer fee will be collected. If a lien is added, the fee is $16.
Can you register a car in Michigan without a license?
Cars driven in Michigan must be titled, registered and plated, with one exception: You can purchase a car from an individual and drive it straight home without a license plate.
How do I register a car with no title?
How to Register a Car With No Title
- Visit your state and/or county department of motor vehicles website or the local office to obtain the precise paperwork required.
- Collect the necessary credentials such as your identification and insurance card.
- Request an application for duplicate title from the previous owner.
- Obtain a smog certification.
Can you register your car online?
However, if you are looking to register a vehicle that has been previously registered in your name, you can re-register it online. You can re-register your vehicle up to three months in the state of Florida as long as there is a current proof of insurance certificate meeting the state minimum on file for your vehicle.
How much will my vehicle registration cost?
Vehicle Registration Fees and Other Costs by State
|State||Registration Fee||License Plate Fee|
|Arizona||$8 + $32 Public Safety Fee||$12 to transfer|
|California||$60 plus transportation improvement fee of $25-$175||$27|
46 more rows
What happens if you drive a car without registration?
Driving Without a Valid Car Registration
In most states, it is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle or a vehicle with an expired registration. Driving without proof of registration occurs when a motorist does not possess the following: A current registration certificate. Official registration stickers.
Do you need to bring your car to register it?
In order to register your vehicle, you will typically need to bring the vehicle’s title, a bill of sale and proof of tax payment, your driver’s license, and either your insurance ID card or another form that provides proof of insurance.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”